Keeping your Fleet of Transportation Vehicles Clean During COVID-19 Crisis
The trucking and transportation industries can’t stop running—even in the midst of a pandemic. That’s why cleaning your fleet is more important than ever. Remco has the tools and the advice you need to help keep your drivers and customers safe during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. Here are a few best practices to consider:
- Insist employees strictly adhere to WHO and/or CDC guidelines on frequent handwashing, practicing respiratory etiquette, social-distancing, and quarantining if they have potential illness symptoms.
- Viral loads tend to be greater on dirty surfaces filled with organic matter. Therefore, it is necessary to clean soils first before using a disinfectant. Skipping the cleaning can result in the virus being present after disinfecting.
- Use EPA-approved or regulations-compliant disinfectants that are proven to be effective against COVID-19 and other coronaviruses. Follow the chemical manufacturer’s usage instructions.
More details for your cleaning process
- At a minimum, commonly touched surfaces need to be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each shift. For patient transport vehicles, cleaning and disinfecting should be done after patients who are visibly ill.
- When cleaning and disinfecting, workers should wear appropriate PPE, and doors and windows should remain open for better airflow. If available, disposable or washable gowns are recommended.
- Clean different surfaces appropriately
- Hard, non-porous surfaces (steering wheels, hand rests, windows, door handles), should be cleaned with soap and water or a detergent before sanitizing.
- Electronic surfaces (tablets or touch screens) should have visible dirt removed with a clean, dry cloth and then they should be disinfected, following the chemical manufacturer’s instructions.
- After cleaning, single-use PPE should be disposed of and work uniforms/reusable garments should be laundered using the highest temperature setting and dried completely. Workers should immediately wash their hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water, or use hand sanitizer (minimum of 60% alcohol) if washing facilities aren’t available.
- Insist on keeping a good vehicle cleaning checklist that covers the sanitation and disinfection of internal and external surfaces, frequency of cleaning, and a progress record.
This is not an exhaustive list of recommendations. Please consult CDC, FDA, OSHA, and other guidelines for more details when setting up a cleaning plan.
Tackle large workloads, quickly and effectively
This collection of efficient and effective cleaning tools is specifically designed to clean city buses, commercial trucks and vans, trains, commercial aircraft, taxis, chauffeur services, and private cars. Our effective, time-saving tools include a range of waterfed wash brushes with telescopic handles, angled and adjustable brush heads that maintain surface contact, surface-drying squeegee blades that provide a streak-free finish at most heights with just one pass, and a range of interior cleaning brushes for all applications. Our tools are also chemical resistant and convenient and easy to store.
Protect paintwork and the environment
All brushes within the Vikan transport tool range feature innovative rubber edges so that regular cleaning can be undertaken without damage to paintwork, signage, or other coatings. Our systems use less water and detergent, and allow you to operate in a responsible and environmentally conscious manner.
- Commercial vehicle bodywork washing brushes that are effective, durable, and safe on all surfaces – even coatings and signage
- Surface drying blades that totally dry areas at most heights with just one pass, and leave no lime residue
- Ergonomic tool handles with a patented adjustable system
Download the Transport line brochure >
View the Transport line >
Professional cleaning requires the correct approach as well as the right tools. The Vikan six-stage process will leave the exterior of your vehicle spotlessly clean:
- Apply a good foam mix of detergent and water.
- Leave the vehicle to soak for a couple of minutes so that the dust and dirt loosens and binds to the foam.
- Wash the vehicle with lots of clean water to remove the dust and dirt, and prevent them scratching the paintwork when using a brush.
- Using a water-fed or standard hand brush, wash the vehicle with water and detergent.
- Rinse the vehicle thoroughly with clean water.
- Use the rubber-bladed Wipe-n-Shine to remove wash water, and leave windows and paintwork streak free.
Remco and Vikan are industry leaders in producing top-of-the-line material handling and sanitation tools for food processing and related industries. To learn more about what we have to offer, contact us today at email@example.com or 317.876.9856.
View All Product Categories >